What's your Personal Style?


They say fashion is a personal style.  Well I agree on that.  Thing is, what is your personal style? Are you even conscious of the clothes you wear? Or you just grab anything in the closet and go.  I must say that my personal style evolved through the years.  It actually depended on my confidence and things that happened in my life.  

As far as I can remember, I used to be really chubby.  So I just wore bigger-sized clothes to fit me.  Loose top and pants was my thing before.  When I reached college, again, shirts and jeans, but this time I usually wear black and white shirts.  I never noticed it until one of my friends put that into my attention.  I always found myself surprised that I wasn't conscious about what color of shirts I usually wear.  My friend one time, told me "what's up with the white shirt?", and I was puzzled.  I didn't notice I wore white shirts so much.  And then shortly after the comment, she said "Are you wearing white because your crush is wearing white too?".  I was dumb-founded even more.  They said, if you like a person so much, you tend to reflect that person.  Well I guess that was what happened, but I was unconscious about it the whole time. That changed when he hooked up with my classmate.  And then the sister of my friend said that I kept on wearing black shirt.  Again, I was totally unaware, but then, I guess I know the reason why.  

Shortly after college, I worked and started to explore on fashion, and slowly becoming comfortable with myself.  My friend really was the one responsible for pushing me out of my shell.  She's always wearing different clothes every time, and I believe what pulled her look together was her confidence.  I think I've learned not to care of what other people may think from her.  Slowly I get to reach my inner diva, and discovered what kind of style I truly like.  Whenever I check online, I would always get drawn to Vanessa Hudgens and the Olsen sisters.  I realized that I'm a hippie girl.  That realization was cemented after reading horoscopes about Saggitarians and how hippie they are in some ways.  And I said to myself, oh my god, this is my fashion style. Hippie. What's yours?

[Photos are taken online.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment