Discovering Life's Joys


I feel happier these days.  And I must pat myself for it.  It was a conscious effort on my part. What I just started to do was just doing things I wanted to do, buying things I wanted to get, and falling for each and every thing that I love.  I just gave in to me, and it is a very fulfilling thing to do.  

I started to wonder why it took me so long.  Why haven't I done this before? Why haven't I surrendered to me?

The more I submit to my wants and needs, the more I'm falling in love with myself. I cannot help but just feel mesmerized with myself.  What a character. What a personality.  I'm such all-emotional and all-sensitive about almost everything.  Even I might seem to look poised on the outside, in the inside I am in shambles.  At some point, I knew that I needed to control this rave of emotions, this whirlwind of energy.  At some point, I needed to tame down the currents of joy and bursts of anger.  Although it has became a part of me, I feel the need to hold it, to mold it and master it, so I could use it in my own benefit.  The feeling of being in control of myself, empowers me.  

From listening to D. Chopra, I've learned that we are co-creators of our world.  And indeed it is true. And my world now as I see it is colorful amidst all the pressures and stresses of life.  Things are what they are and we need to detach ourselves from these emotions, to be grounded and be rooted to who we really are. In that process we get to reorient ourselves to our being so we get clarity of it all.  It does pay to step back for awhile and just see things in a broader perspective.  That I have learned, that I will forever treasure.

0 comments: