500 Days of Summer is a Classic!

I so love this movie.  At the start, the narrator said that it's not a love story, and I wondered why.  Then I finally discovered that this story is not like any other love stories wherein both are in love with each other.  In this film, its about a boy who met this girl named Summer, whom he thought is the ONE for him.  Summer on the other hand thought otherwise, although both of them genuinely like each other.  The girl was totally platonic about the relationship while the guy is just head over heels in love with her.  

The film ended with Summer marrying another guy, and it all was explained in the scene at the park.  They saw each other again.  And Tom asked the question that had bothered him for the longest time.  Why did she marry someone when she appeared to be not into serious relationships?  And then Summer answered him with a short but stabbing retort.

Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you. 

Painful isn't it?  But true. This movie is about destiny, and that we meet out soulmates by chance.  At times we missed out on the signs so we move on to the next. We could be too busy hooking up with the wrong ones that we tend to overlook the right person for us.  There's still a great mystery with destiny.  Something that we need to study greatly on. For me, I don't believe much in destiny.  You could meet a lot of people in your life. It's really up to you whom you wish to entertain.  Everything's a choice. So make sure you choose wisely. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment