Zabadani iz Zelicious

There's nothing more refreshing than finding a spot in the metro that offers you something different! See, I live the biggest city in the country, with only 5 shopping malls around and majority of this so-called city is composed of rural area.  How ironic huh?  So needless to say, there's just not much places to go around town if your bored self is looking for something to do.  

Just last night, I attended a bridal shower of an acquaintance of mine.  It was supposed to be held in a place called Zabadani.  Hmmm... I've hadn't put much thought on the place.  I was just too busy looking for some dress to wear and anticipating my first ever bridal shower.  So dress --- check, gift --- check.  My friend and I tried looking for the unknown place.  The moment my friend pointed where the place was, I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied.  It's different! People were squatting on a carpeted platform, pillows with rich colors and intricate patterns --- there was a mediterranean feel into it.  The place was a kind of different that I want!  The moment I went in, I bursted out and said... I LOVE IT! I was in my typical gay self again!  If you're my friend, you know what I'm talking about.  I was loving the place!  What I was loving more was the food! The food was spicy and chilli.  It took me back to Malaysia.  I ordered a pita bread and bahr kebab.  When the waiter served it, I purposefully ignored the fork and knife and immediately sprayed my hands with alcohol.  I am using my hands baby.  I was eating the think pita bread as if it was an Indian roti or poori.  I don't know if that was the right way to eat it, but I didn't care!  Needless to say, I finished everything feeling satisfied and a wide smile on my face. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment