Harry Potter Review

And so it's over. And so it's done.  My only favorite movie that I favorited yet I don't fully understood has come to an end.  I'm not a huge reader, and I've heard about Harry Potter from my roomie back in college.  She told me the story, but I didn't fully absorb it because of so much details and characters. Much to blame for it are my memory and my imagination ---short fused.  I got really hooked after watching the first movie.  It was fantastic! Epic!  Really entertaining. So I watched the proceeding movies and was gradually drawn to it more and more.  And I have come to understand it more and more.  

If you haven't seen the movie yet, and plans to see it, I suggest you stop reading at this point because I will say what you would rather see on the actual movie. I'm a spoiler like that. :)

So I started watching the final movie with a question if Harry will die or not.  I knew from research that he was one of the horcrux and he needed to die so Voldemort will die.  It makes lots of sense that he will.  Good God he didn't!  He took the resurrection stone right before meeting with Voldemort in the forest to die.  Once he died, he went up to "heaven" with a piece of fetus-like Voldemort and eventually he saw Prof. Dumbledor.  They did some chit chats and then Harry went back to life.  So to make things short these are the things I discovered: Severus snape was on harry's side all these times because he actually had this huge crush on his mother, Lily, whom he'd grown to love since they were still kids (puppy love never die??).  Snape was cute once in his life.  Weird.  At one point, I was actually anticipating that Snape was Harry's pop. Good thing he wasn't. :) Harry's pop was really an arrogant kid. Dumbledor really is not as good as we thought he is, since he asked snape to kill him to let Voldemort think that Snape is on his side.  He knew that harry will die. Dumbledor's brother's power is cool. He blows every evil enemy over a mile with only one strike of his wand.  The last horcux is Nagini, Voldemort's pet snake, which Longbottom killed at the end. On that instance, Longbottom who was a fat looser kid, turned into a cool hero dude. Harry killed Voldemort after that.  And Harry was the master of the elder wand, which he intentionally destroyed. Ron married Hermione, Harry married Jeannie and had this adorable kid that reminds me of Justin Bieber.  I also discovered that pointing out your hand as if you're holding a wand and shouting spells, won't help Harry at all.  I also surprisingly got a crush on Daniel after seeing him topless, a last treat for Daniel's fans I believe.  The last horah for the ladies! Wooohoo!!! These were pleasant surprises for a non reader like me.  At times it pays not to read the books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment