Venus Williams' clothing line eleVen: A Big Flop?

Venus Williams, the great tennis athlete had surprisingly ventured to a career on fashion.  Yes, we may have seen her strutting some nice outfits here and there and she was able to pull it off really well.  I think having that strong and athletic body helped her on that, but it could only take her so far.

When she went out at the court at the opening day of Wimbledon, she was wearing this white toga jumper outfit, that reminds me of the white curtains we used to have at home.  Needless to say it was a big flop.  The extra clothing hanging at the sides looked really silly, the zip front detailing seemed a bit tacky.  All in all it doesn't look like a sports wear to me, which I think what she was going for.  If I'm correct, I think she was thinking of a clothing line that's really different and classy unlike what we already know.  She thought that it's a get-up suitable for "now".

The concept is nice, but execution? Questionable.  I must give her consolation though for picking a good shade.  White does suit her, for the rest, well you know the verdict.


Pictures taken from yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment