The Tale of the Red Lipstick


What comes to mind when you say red?  Sexy... Alive... Raw... Bright... Attractive.  All that you can get just with a splash of red on your face, using this new found friend of mine called lipstick.  I'm 26 yet I could say that I'm a late bloomer for guys, life, and lipsticks.  I mean, I love to dress up and all and I drool on guys at times(and since this god-forsaken davao city isn't blessed with worthy guys to drool on, the 'at times' there means 'nadaahh' with someone from here), but it never dawned on me that I need to put lipstick on.  What for?  I have my lipbalm, or I can bite my lips for instant redness. Well my friend, after years of doing that I discovered that what you put on instant will be gone in an instant. But not my red lipstick.  Somehow it leaves a read tint on my lips after letting it be for few hours.  

I've discovered my affair with red lipsticks just recently.  One day, I was to meet my friend.  I've dressed up already,  and looked at myself in the mirror, blast it!  I still haven't put concealer and mascara on.  No time for that now.  So I took my red lipstick which I bought a year ago (and haven't used much), and just out of desperation to put color on my oh-so-pale face, smothered my lips with a thick coat.  And as I looked at myself in the mirror again, this time with a bit of fascination. And my, my, my.  My face was glowing.  Danngg! Instant make over!

And now my friend, I'll have to buy another one of you because I know you'll be running out soon.  ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment