The Thing with Buddha


It's weird how something strange to me could be something relevant.  Ok, I'm not sure if it's that relevant but Buddha keeps on popping into my life.  

Mother used to call me that name when I was a baby because I used to be stout and bald.  She started calling me that when our maid had me sit on a box, and mama saw some resemblance of me and Buddha.  Actually even now she calls me that, not that I look like one, but she just like teasing me.  Weird thing here is that she calls me that whenever she comes in my room early in the morning when I'm still sound asleep.  She calls me "buddha" and "gwapa", the latter meant beautiful in tagalog. I know I'm unconscious but I can hear her every morning, because she perms her hair in my room.  Funny thing is, she even talks to me like I'm wide awake, reminding me of the things I needed to do for the day.  What's even more funny is that I could still remember what she had told me, even when I'm sleeping in bed the whole time.  Ok, so we're straying away from the topic, it's buddha. 

Going back, my ex is fascinated with Buddhism too.  Even though he's Hindu and he belongs to a very religous family, he gravitates somehow to Buddha.  Something in him that makes my ex feel relaxed and peaceful.  I think that's something he needs in his life, because his life is ubber hectic.  There was once that we discussed about the religion.  He knew little of it, but no matter how few he knows about the philosophies of religion, somehow I know that he holds those dear in his heart. 

My Japanese students, at times, talks to me about Buddhism.  I asked them a lot of questions but somehow I get only few information from them because they have trouble expressing themselves in English.  

This curiosity would definitely have me read about Buddhism, and probably study it.  I'm pretty open-minded so it would be nice to learn different perspectives about life, love, soul, spirit and destiny.

I could be Buddhist in the future.  I'm open like that.  Let's see though...

0 comments:

Post a Comment