Sweet tooth and Heart aches


For some reason, I crave for something sweet when I get frustrated with my "lovelife".  And that too, is same for my friend.  So we message each other and plan to meet up in an ice cream parlor, and gobble down a huge cup of ice cream while talking about our source of frustrations: guys.  They just don't get it.  They don't know how to take care of their girls.  For the luckier ladies who were blessed with very understanding and thoughtful guy,  don't let go of them.  And as for us who are part of the majority who have to put up with our men, we shall wallow our sorrows on coffee, ice cream and cakes.  

Guys.  Some are really clueless.  We have to teach them how to treat us better.   Girls should be treated like princesses. I guess that's the whole part of the paradigm of love that we girls are clinging on.  I've read in Steve Covey's book "7 Habits of effective people", he said that we should be that person who understands, and in order to be that person, we should change ourself from inside out.  And I think, hmmm ok, so if you understand everything about your guy then does it mean that any guy would be fine for you because whatever that guy's flaws are you could understand. Thing is, he should also try to give us what we need emotionally.  We would want to feel loved, and the only way for us to feel that is through his actions.  No matter how run down that saying is, it's true.  Actions do speak louder.  Forget the words, focus on the actions.  

As a filipina, we want to be treated like a princess.  I guess any woman in the world would want to be treated as one.  I guess moreso in our culture wherein guys, before they could ask our hand in marriage they would have to serve the girl's family, chopping woods and doing house chores.  They would even sing songs outside of the girl's window.  The paradigm that guys should treat girls very well is deeply rooted in a filipina's mind.  Ok I know this doesn't apply much in the recent world.  And I know those traditions we had before was just so 1970's. I understand that.  But I also understand that girls at some point are insecure and we want to get assurance from guys that they love us.  And that's constant assurance, that's just the way we are.

And as long as my guy don't understand that.  My friend and I would be meeting again at some place where we could satisfy our cravings for sweets and pour out our frustrations for our guys.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment