"To write is human, to edit divine." - Stephen King


This struck a cord in me.  Of course, I wanted to write, and of course it's my dream to write my own book, yet I never really thought that it will take a lot of work.  Well of course it will.  Just that I figured if you have the heart to write then it's as good as having that dream fulfilled.  But it does take some time for me to polish my writing skills and review a lot on my grammar.  I used to write well.  Wonder where the inspiration went to.  For some weird reason, there were a couple of times in my life that I wrote well.  First was when I was in highschool,  I remember writing good poetry that when my teacher smiled while reading our works, I knew that she was reading mine.  It was confirmed when she looked at me shortly after and smiled again.  That time, I was determined to do well in class.  I had an aura of intelligence and it's something I identify myself with.  It was good since I saw myself like one, thus I have to live up to it.  And naturally my actions followed.  I was efficient, hardworking and studious student.  I think with every actions there is a vision or image that comes before that.  That will give us fuel to go for that vision and whatever that goes below that vision is unsatisfactory or distasteful. 

Second time was when I was in highschool again, but I guess the reason for my inspiration was because I read 5 books.  I know it's not much, but coming from a lazy reader like me, it's already an achievement.  I read these books one after the other.  And every after finishing one, I would immediately go to our bookshelves and scout for another one, browsing each books like they were candies, thinking which world I would travel into again.  I felt like I was in a really big adventure, but it was an adventure in my imagination.  It wasn't real but it felt like so.  I was moved, captivated by every scene.  Seeing things like I was part of their world, and they were part of mine.  It was refreshing.  Same feeling when I'm doing things first time.   There's a sense of excitement and mystery, discovery.  And I love that feeling!  It's addictive.  Makes me want to jump into another adventure again.  

Now, in this chapter of my life, I am determined to reach my dreams. However slow, I'm still taking my steps onwards.  I wish to fulfill my dreams by the time I reach 35years old.  What are my dreams? I will save that for another post.  I have time in my hands, but limited finances.  I should plan how to allot it wisely.  I think it's time that I should say goodbye to shopping for now...

Good luck to me!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment